How to Celebrate New Year’s Eve Safely & Affordably with ALDI
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
New Year’s Eve celebrations may look different this year but that shouldn’t stop us from celebrating and being festive! ALDI has everything you need to celebrate New Year’s Eve safely & affordably at home. From bubbly to gourmet ingredients and seasonal treats, you can stretch your budget and shop safely at ALDI. They recently accelerated their curbside grocery pickup service, which is now available at nearly 700 stores making it easier than ever to shop!
Since many of us will celebrate New Year’s Eve safely at home, it’s a great time to make new festive recipes. As a busy mom, I love creating elevated appetizers that are easy to prepare. ALDI has everything you need to create appetizers like ricotta-stuffed bacon-wrapped dates, mini meatball crostinis, and, my personal favorite, ricotta-stuffed bacon-wrapped dates! Check out the recipes at the end of this post!
Now, let’s talk bubbly! What’s New Year’s Eve without a champagne toast or two? Whether you’re celebrating with family at home or virtually with friends, why not create a festive bubbly bar for that midnight toast. ALDI has an incredible selection of award-winning wines with many varieties under $10. My husband is more of a beer drinker so I went ahead and stocked up some beer varieties since ALDI offers an assortment of world class beers at amazing prices. I created our bubbly bar with fresh berries and juices to create sparkling wine cocktails.
Of course, I couldn’t create a bubbly bar without picking up a selection of the mouthwatering seasonal cheeses I found at ALDI, like the Emporium Selected Cranberry White Cheddar Cheese and Emporium Selected Honey Pecan Baking Brie.
As for dessert, it was impossible for me to choose just one of the many seasonal treats at ALDI, so I picked up a few of my favorites like the Specially Selected European Truffles and Winternacht Soft Gingerbread Cookies. ALDI has so many on-trend and seasonal products available throughout the holidays to jazz up your New Year’s Eve while saving you money.
Shoppers are pressed for time and money and that’s why ALDI sells exactly what people need at prices they can afford. If you’re looking for the highest quality groceries at the best prices and an easy shopping experience, definitely check out ALDI. ALDI operates more than 50 stores in the Los Angeles area so to find one near you, use the store locator tool on ALDI.us.
For more fun information and tips, visit ALDI.us, “LIKE” ALDI USA on Facebook and follow @ALDIUSA on Instagram and @ALDIUSA on Twitter. And, if you’re like me and want to share your recipes and photos on social media, tag ALDI and use the hashtag #ALDILove.
Ricotta-Stuffed Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- 1 pound (about 21 to 13 slices) bacon, preferably thick-cut
- 25 Pitted Medjool dates (about ¾ pound)
- 1/3 cup Emporium Selection Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the bacon in half lengthwise to make twice as many slices. Set aside.
- Place the ricotta in the bottom corner of a strong plastic bag and seal tightly. Use scissors to cut a small hole in the tip of 1 of the corners. Now use the bag like a piping bag to fill the dates with cheese.
- Wrap the ricotta stuffed dates with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick through the belly of the date. Arrange all the prepared dates on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing at least a little space between each one for good browning. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crispy. Remove from the baking sheet and gently remove toothpicks. Serve immediately.
*Recipe adapted from Dave Lieberman for FoodNetwork.com.
*Photo credit: FoodNetwork.com